The crypto industry faces tough hurdles due to regulations and uncertainties, notably with the departure of Binance’s CEO denting market confidence. Promised financial transformations haven’t yet materialized, but some traditional finance players are exploring crypto. Lessons from 2023 and regulators’ ultimate goals in the crypto realm remain critical. The Winter Edition of The Crypto and Digital Assets Summit gathers leaders in traditional and decentralized finance for insightful discussions, exploring industry trends and the future of digital assets. The event is in collaboration with The Banker, a publication of the Financial Times.
The summit is scheduled for Thursday, December 5th, at 155 Bishopsgate London UK, a renowned conference and exhibition center in The City. Accessible within a brief 2-minute stroll from Liverpool St Station, it is part of etc.venues’ esteemed collection of global locations. Accessibility at 155 Bishopsgate will facilitated through step-free pathways: From Primrose Street to Exchange Square and further via a lift to the entrance on Broadgate Walkway. For those requiring accessibility assistance, the TFL’s accessibility travel plan offers guidance and details.
This is the link to buy tickets, there is the “In-Person Pass” and the “Digital Pass” so you can choose according to your needs.
Central themes of the event will be:
- Regulation’s Impact: With the surge in regulatory measures, exploring how these rules and laws influence the crypto realm. This involves understanding the compliance requirements and their implications on market dynamics.
- Crypto’s Place in Global Finance: Examining whether the current structure of global finance can accommodate and integrate cryptocurrencies. This theme delves into the compatibility and synergy between traditional financial systems and emerging crypto markets.
- Tokenization’s Role: Focusing on how tokenization, the process of representing real-world assets digitally, could act as a bridge between the established frameworks of traditional finance and the evolving landscape of crypto markets.
- Future of Crypto Trading: Analyzing the critical separation between entities creating markets (market makers) and platforms facilitating crypto trades (crypto exchanges). This ensures transparency, fair practices, and stability within the trading ecosystem.
- Mainstream Investment Potential: Exploring the prospects of crypto assets becoming widely accepted and integrated into mainstream investment portfolios, considering factors like risk, stability, and adoption rates.
- Reflection on 2023: Reviewing the events, advancements, and challenges encountered in 2023 to understand their impact on shaping the future trajectory of crypto and digital assets.
The event will present the following features:
Main Stage: at the center of the event, the stage will draw together influential leaders spanning the diverse landscape of the crypto ecosystem. These discussions aim to spotlight the prevailing challenges and promising opportunities within the sector. This platform becomes crucial as it navigates the current uncertainties prevailing within the financial system, offering insights and strategies to maneuver through these dynamic times.
New Debate Feature: introducing an innovative debate format curated in collaboration with the esteemed Financial Times. This engaging session will feature four seasoned experts deliberating on the provocative motion: “In five years, major asset managers will universally manage crypto assets.” What sets this apart is the active involvement of the audience, who will have the chance to cast live votes, lending their perspectives to this compelling discourse.
Networking & Exhibition Area: beyond the captivating main stage discussions, the event offers a designated space for networking and exploration. Step away from the vibrant main stage atmosphere to relax, enjoy refreshments, and seize the invaluable opportunity to forge meaningful connections with peers. The exhibition area invites exploration, showcasing cutting-edge innovations and services while fostering a conducive environment for collaborative engagement and relationship-building.
Who will be there
There will be: Crypto Companies, Regulators and Policymakers, TradFi (Traditional Finance), Blockchain Providers and Developers, DeFi Leaders (Decentralized Finance), Private Equity and Venture Capital and a lot of speakers.
Here are some of them:
- Kristin Johnson (Commissioner, Commodity Futures Trading Commission)
- Richard Teng (CEO, Binance)
- Adrienne A. Harris (Superintendent, New York State Department of Financial Services)
- Ben McKenzie (Actor, Writer, Director & Co-Author of “Easy Money: Cryptocurrency, Casino Capitalism, and The Golden Age of Fraud”)
- Lisa Cameron (MP and Chair, Crypto and Digital Assets All Party Parliamentary Group, UK Parliament)
- Brian Quintenz (Global Head of Policy, a16z Crypto)
- Sasha Mills (Executive Director, Financial Market Infrastructure, Bank of England)
- Biswarup Chatterjee (Managing Director and Head of Partnerships and Innovation, Citi)
- Carol Alexander (Professor of Finance, University of Sussex)
- Gene Hoffman (CEO and President, Chia Network)
- Lauren Stephanian (Partner, Pantera Capital)
- David Mercer (CEO, LMAX Group)
- Andrei Kazantsev (Global Head of Crypto Trading, Goldman Sachs)
Experience the epitome of networking efficiency and relevance at the Crypto and Digital Assets Summit: Winter Edition. Empowered by Brella, an acclaimed networking tool, this event promises personalized one-on-one meetings with the most pertinent attendees. You can access the app to immerse yourself in conversations and purposeful 1:1 sessions with fellow industry experts.
Brella’s cutting-edge AI-driven matchmaking algorithm tailors a refined list of attendees specifically for you. It empowers you to schedule meetings during the event, curate a personalized agenda, and brace yourself for an unparalleled experience.
The joining code and event link will be provided to all registered delegates prior to the event. In the meantime you can follow this 3 steps to get started:
- Step 1: Join the platform and create your profile
- Step 2: Book a meeting with your first match
- Step 3: Show up on the event day for amazing content and 1:1 meetings
Everything about can be found on this link.
Main partners and sponsors
Here a short list of main sponsors and partners:
- Citi – citi.com
- LMAX Group – Servicing funds, banks, asset managers, and retail brokerages, LMAX Group builds and runs its own high-performance, ultra-low latency global exchange infrastructure.
- Cboe Digital – Institutional Signup – Cboe Digital
- Chia Network – Find out more here.
- Ripple – Visit ripple.com
- Wilshire Indexes
- The British Red Cross – Accepting donations in over 70 cryptocurrencies to deliver support to humanitarian crises worldwide.
- CMS – With the largest dedicated crypto and digital assets practice in the UK and Europe, CMS advises incumbents, new entrants, and specialist firms.
- Direct Trading Technologies UK Ltd (Direct TT UK) – Offers online forex trading, CFD trading, and related financial and fintech services.
- The Qatar Centre for Global Banking & Finance – A research center at King’s Business School dedicated to studying central banks and their challenges in the global environment.
If you have been scammed online, fill out our form. Our team of analysts will provide you with a free pre-analysis on the recoverability of your lost funds and advice for subsequent actions, including legal ones, aimed at reimbursing the stolen money.