Barcellona is hosting Europe’s largest blockchain event from October 24th to 26th in Fira Barcelona Montjuic. This will be a significant development in the blockchain industry. With 5,000 delegates and 300 speakers expected to attend, this event is set to be a major gathering of experts, innovators, and enthusiasts in the blockchain space. It marks a significant milestone in the growth and recognition of blockchain technology in Europe and underlines the continued interest and investment in this field. It’s a great opportunity for networking, knowledge sharing, and exploring the latest advancements in blockchain technology. This will be the largest European Blockchain Convention since the event started in 2018 with 9 editions.
The conference also coincides with the highly anticipated El Clásico clash between Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Decripto.org will be media partner of the event, and some of our team will be in Barcellona. Tickets for the convention are available here.
What to expect
300 founders, CEOs, and industry experts will be in attendance to speak at European Blockchain Convention 9 including leaders from Nansen, Fidelity, Fabric Ventures, Animoca Brands, Banco Santander, Algorand, BBVA, Coinbase, Fireblocks, BNP Paribas, Volkswagen, Binance and Galaxy Digital, to name a few.
Victoria Gago, co-founder of European Blockchain Convention, said: “We have seen an extraordinary increase in registrations and interest from exhibitors after the overwhelmingly positive feedback from our previous edition. Building on that momentum, we are moving EBC9 to Fira Barcelona, a much larger venue. As the largest convention centre in Spain, it offers ample space for exhibitors and more engaging experiences.”
“We are extremely excited to bring together the worlds of TradFi, digital assets and web3,” shared fellow co-founder Daniel Salmeron. “The participation of so many traditional banks and financial institutions demonstrates their commitment and optimism about the future of crypto and digital assets.”
About European Blockchain Convetion
The European Blockchain Convention, which made its debut in 2018, has firmly established itself as the premier blockchain event in Europe. It serves as a pivotal nexus for industry professionals, emerging startups, and technology visionaries alike. This convention plays a crucial role by offering a dynamic platform where attendees can exchange profound insights, nurture valuable collaborations, and delve into the expansive possibilities presented by blockchain technology, cryptocurrencies, and digital assets. In doing so, it has become an indispensable hub for fostering innovation, facilitating partnerships, and staying at the forefront of the ever-evolving blockchain landscape.
There will be a lot of important speakers from all over Europe representing some of the most important companies in the Web3 and Blockchain business.
Here some of them:
- Richard Muirhead – Founding Partner – Fabric Ventures
- Mounir Benchemled – Founder – ParaSwap
- Lars Bakke Krogvig – Co-Founder – Nansen
- Ambre Soubiran – CEO – Kaiko
- John Woods – CTO – Algorand Foundation
- Robby Yung – CEO – Animoca Brands
- Coty de Monteverde – Head of Crypto & Blockchain – Banco Santander
- Christoph Hock – Managing Director – Union Investment
- Tim Grant – Head of EMEA – Galaxy Digital
- Holger Bittner – Director New Business Development, FC Barcelona
- Natacha Dezer – Digital Strategy & Transformation, BNP Paribas
- Tim Walther – Group Manager Metaverse & NFT, Volkswagen Group
- Niccolò Bardoscia – Head of Digital Assets, Intesa SanPaolo
And many others, you can find the full list of speakers here.
The European Blockchain Convention 9 will feature a wide-ranging agenda covering crucial topics including regulatory hurdles, Central Bank Digital Currencies (CBDCs), privacy considerations, the mainstream adoption of cryptocurrencies, Decentralized Finance (DeFi), sustainability in blockchain, tokenization, and the growing influence of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Here you can find the full agenda, and here the schedule.
In addition to panel discussions and workshops hosted across three stages, the program includes:
- 3,000 sqm exhibition area
- AMA stage sessions with speakers
- 5 themed networking lounges
- 1-to-1 meeting area
- Investor meetup
- NFT art gallery
The Startup Battle and Hack’A Thon
“Startup Battle“: The EBC Startup Battle is a significant competition within the European Blockchain Convention. It provides a platform for 50 early-stage Blockchain startups in Europe to showcase their projects to a diverse audience, including investors, corporate partners, mentors, media, and potential talent. This competition offers startups a unique opportunity to gain visibility, support, and potential partnerships in the blockchain industry.
“Hack’A Thon,” organized by the European Blockchain Convention, expects over 200 hackers, 30 mentors, and 20 teams to participate in a 48-hour hackathon. This event allows the community to connect with peers, engage in live sessions, collaborate on technical projects, and create memorable experiences in an innovative setting.
Why apply for Hack’A Thon:
- Learning: learn from experienced mentors and developers as you gain experience and join a hacker team.
- Prizes: win prizes of up to €50,000 for your innovative solutions.
- Ticket to attend European Blockchain Convention: get free access to European Blockchain Convention 9, the most influential blockchain event in Europe with 5.000 attendees and 300 speakers.
- Networking: if you’re wondering how to kickstart your Web3 career, this is the perfect chance for you to build a valuable network of blockchain professionals
- Career advancement: gaining practical, hands-on experience is crucial as you build your portfolio and identify potential job opportunities from participants and sponsors alike.
- Collaboration: meet new people and foster cross-disciplinary learning as you go from zero to hero and discover your web3 potential.
- Innovative approach: get access to 1:1 mentorship from skilled devs who will support you as you build and deploy your first dApp and get to work on addressing real-life needs thanks to Blockchain technology.
- Visibility: showcase your ideas and talents with a like-minded, global audience.